Tuesday, September 6, 2011

NaNo Time?

Well.. it's that time of the year. 

Time to start thinkin about November! So ready for this!

So, as I was driving home from picking up a couple of books today, I began thinking about what I could write this year. What ended up happening was, I came up with a basic plot which then spun off into two very different directions. Well... Kinda. Anyway, these are my two plot ideas:

1) Humans are disappearing. Nobody knows where they're going. MC isn't paying any attention to it being just a normal high schooler. Then, she is the one who vanishes. She wakes up in a zoo on an alien planet, and she's the attraction.

2) After [insert clever alien race name here] take over the world, they realize they want to preserve our kind. So, much like ourselves, they put us in zoos to keep us from going extinct.

I think I'm liking #2 at the moment. I think it would be an interesting twist to the whole alien thing. Any thoughts?
In other news, I started school a week ago now. Already had my first test today with my second one Thursday... BLAH! Today wasn't to bad, though. Worried about Thursday's... Veterinary Medical Terminology. *cue the dramatic music*.

Auditions for the fall play are next week! I plan on auditioning. I had a blast last semester and I just had a tiny part. It's a really small cast though, so I'm not really counting on it...

As for the books I picked up, I got It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini and The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. Both YA books. I've been reading more YA lately... Not really sure why.

Well that's it for now! Hope all is well!

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment